Friday, May 21, 2010

More and More Projects

What a week! I have hardly had time to think straight let alone post anything. Things around here have been super busy, and I am so ready for Monday to be here. This weekend we will continue the nut-so insanity:o) So to ease my mind with the upcoming weekend, I purchased MORE things for me to do...I have no sense! But I am so excited about these projects. In fact, I finished one last night.
Last night's project involved the top 3 fabrics in the above picture. I made another super cape for a special little guy across the street who is celebrating his 3rd birthday tomorrow. I am really happy with how it turned out, and will share the finished product on Monday. Don't want to completely spoil the surprise;o) The bottom fabric is for S.R. I saw the CA-UTEST outfit on Wednesday in this little boutique shop with red and white gingham. They wanted 70-something bucks for it. I am going to try to duplicate it...can't wait for that one either! Thinking I will work on it today. I also found this fabric at Walmart:
Since the little guy across the street is a Thomas the Train fan, I figured it would come in handy:o) And check out the price I paid for it:
You  read correctly...47cents for a yard of fabric. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I love those little remnant bins:o)
 I. LOVE. JELLY. ROLLS! We don't have a Joann's here, so when I went to visit the fam, I made sure to make a pit stop to see what goodies I could collect. I didn't have a whole lot of time to browse, but I did find this jelly roll with some sa-weet fabrics. I have a few ideas on what to make sweet little S.R. with this fabric. I also found this fabric for E.:
He is definitely ready for me to make something with this. I am planning on making a rag quilt with it. Hoping to get started on it very soon. I'll even do a tute for you guys so that you can make one yourself. They are super easy. The plan is to have it lay across the bottom of his bed.
Well I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend, and I will see you all back here on Monday, that's if I survive the weekend:o). Remember that the wallets will be available for purchase thru Sunday, and then I am going to move them to Etsy. Holla!

1 comments:

Deanna said... Best Blogger Tips

Girl I could have given you YARDS of Thomas fabric when I was clearing out my stash...I had tons! :)