Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happenings....with very little motivation!!

There hasn't been too much going on in the crafting realm...I have been tending to sick children (they're better now) and nursing a cold. There have been days where we were bored to tears, and days where boredom would have been welcomed.
The hubs has started working on redoing the back yard...it is going to be beautimous! I can't wait to see how it all turns out. He used a sod stripper the other day and pulled out a ton of grass. Here the little ones are helping daddy clean up.

 Here is evidence of how I had wished for a boring day:o)
 S.R. lopped off half of her hair which caused Mommy dearest to come out:o) I was one UN-happy camper. Thankfully the child was blessed with naturally curly hair, so the 2 inch long hair blends in with the rest. She went from this:

to this:
 I had to cut 3 and 1/2 inches off the back of her hair....oh well...thankfully it grows back!! Oh yeah, this was also the same day when E locked the dog in the outdoor toy basket and we thought he was lost in the neighborhood...um, yeah, we were so glad when 8 p.m. rolled around:o)
In other news, our homemakers club is hosting a craft fair. I am going to have a booth. I am really lacking any motivation to get anything done for my booth. I have been focusing mainly on advertising...
I have started on a few things, though.
  Hymnal wreaths are in the works. 
 I also have some signs and chalkboards that I am working on.
Small furniture and some shelving will be added in too...I am kind of making things up as I go along:o)For those of you in the area, we would love for you to show some love and attend...check out the homemakers' blog, HERE, for more information.

3 comments:

Shannon said... Best Blogger Tips

Can't wait to see how the yard turns out! It's going to be fabulous! I guess I didn't realize how much you had to cut off S' hair until I saw before and after pics...wow! But it does look super cute!!! And the dog locked in the toy basket..hilarious!!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

So much I would love to see in person! Good luck on the booth - I hope it all goes smoothly. Can't wait to see what J comes up with in the back yard!

Laurie said... Best Blogger Tips

my daughter did the exact same thing to her curly hair last month. Oh I was so so MAD! But it really looks cute now!http://adoptioncreatesfamilies.blogspot.com/2011/09/this-childsigh.html