Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sew Much Fun

 Yesterday I was a short order seamstress. The kids are on fall break right now. So I decided that they could tell me what they wanted me to make them, and I would make it right then and there....they loved it! 
E got a pirate hat and pretend watch, and S.R. got a princess cape and mask. 
While they were napping, I made S.R. this Halloween shirt. 
 This time of year is the only time that it is appropriate to wear such ghastly colors all at once:o)

For those of you who are from my hometown...S.R. will be donning her new "Boo" shirt at a certain high school athletic event involving a white ball and net tonight:o) Maybe we will see you there!!

 While we are on the subject of shirts...I made this one for S.R. a few weeks back for our family pictures.
 The picture taking process was excruciating. There was a melt down, and then funny faces, hands in the mouth, tempers flaring, etc...but we all looked cute:o) The pictures turned out fantastic, and I can't wait to share them with you all.
Anywhoodles, back to the shirt..I really wanted to do a peek-a-boo shirt for her. I think they are so sweet and I had never made anything like this before...
I am really happy with the results.
Yes, I am completely aware that this shirt is in desperate need of an iron, but laziness has overcome me at this point:o)
 So what have you been sewing these days?
Have you tried out a new pattern? 

0 comments: